Sunday 7 September 2014

MMMC.

So the last time I remember baking with my friend Emma we had not only made a mess but had forgotten key ingredients (sugar) and I had lent her one of my plates which I had completely forgotten about until she gave it back to me just recently.

With her sister being in town from the United States for her wedding in October I proposed another baking get-together so I could properly see both of them whilst making delicious treats. I brave the wild weather on a black cloud storm filled Saturday afternoon to her house and we donned multi-coloured aprons to begin.

We decide on Melting Moments - which apparently my mum has informed me is from Italian origin. They remind me of sweet buttery shortbread with a small wedge of cream in the centre just to tie the crumbly texture altogether.

Little did I know a generous amount of butter is needed and the cream filling is flavoured with a small amount of lemon rind and juice. Surprisingly however these amazing little biscuits are very simple to make and bake.

The kitchen fills with an assortment of classic dance tracks and and I am introduced to the likes of Kate Nash and humorous stories from Emma and her sister Nora whilst singing to the likes of Backstreet Boys and other catchy pop anthems.

After much mess and mixing we let them cool and pair up the halves to form little pale sandwiches of afternoon delight.


Melting Moments - MMs

Neither of them have ever had or heard of Melting Moments before or of Monte Carlos - one of my all time favourite biscuits. It is my go to biscuit in the Arnott's Family Pack. A never-fail brown crunchy, slightly coconutty biscuit with cream filled jam lined centre. I always felt that they never ever gave enough jam but little did I know I could make my own so easily.

And after more mess and mixing whilst making sure we follow the recipe we created these little jam gems.


Monte Carlos- MC.

Not as flat, brown, crunchy or coconutty but jam packed the way I like.

Perfect with a cup of hot tea and a fine book to read, both the recipes for these moreish morsels are from the Women's Weekly Afternoon tea collection recipe book. I shall attempt both of these again as the filled box I brought home yesterday is now almost bare- hopefully they will last more than one day next time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment